Friday, July 12, 2013

Faith of a Child

So, me and my little Doodle Bug have been planting flowers and plants like crazy.  She's really gotten into this whole "watching things grow" which makes this Ma-Ma very happy. :) 

We started out with some in hanging plants, and then I decided we would try some with seeds.  Now... anyone with a 3 year old knows... they want to see results, like... NOW!

So as we were sitting on the porch digging in the dirt in our planters, I showed her how to place the seeds and then cover them up.  When we were finished, of course we watered them, and I went to stand up and put them back on the ledge of the porch.  When all of a sudden she says, "NOW, WAIT a minute!" I asked her what was wrong, and she replied, "WHERE are my flowers?" I thought this was going to get ugly quick. I told her that they were in the dirt, and that God was going to send sunshine and rain to make them grow, and that it would just take a little time.  She seemed content with that.

A couple days passed by, and we were out watering our flowers, and she was wondering where those were. I said they'd be in soon. Then low and behold, the very next day, we had little sprouts about 1 inch high coming through our soil.  She was SOOO EXCITED! She started saying, "Well... hello little flower. Goodnight little flower."

It's such a joy to watch a child enjoy something so much.  Especially something that God takes control over. :)

We can learn a lot of life lessons from a child... Sit back, ponder, have faith and let God take the lead.  With God, all things are possible. "But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26 KJV
What mighty and powerful God we serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment